Taking advantage of storage solutions can be beneficial both to homeowners and business owners. Commercial storage in MA is available at Plymouth Rock Moving & Storage, providing clients with options regarding crate storage in a 25,000-square-foot warehouse or portable storage solutions that can be kept on-site or stored away until needed. Cape Cod residential storage is also available through Plymouth Rock, providing homeowners in the South Coast area with a great opportunity to clear out some clutter and organize their homes.
There are lots of reasons why people use storage in Pocasset, MA. Real estate agents have been telling sellers for years to thin out their personal items, reduce large pieces of furniture and make the home more friendly to prospective buyers. It’s hard to picture your own things in a new home if someone else already has a houseful of stuff around every corner. Reducing clutter, things that are wanted but not currently needed, as well as things that are outgrown and need to be saved, is one of the many benefits of using portable or warehouse storage in Pocasset.
What Is Not Allowed in Storage
It is important to go over the rules of Cape Cod residential storage or commercial storage in MA with the company that is providing the space to make sure that you aren’t breaking any rules with the things that you are storing. Whether you use warehouse storage in Pocasset and have all your things put into a custom crate, or if you prefer using portable storage units so you can box everything up yourself and have it hauled off to store or move to the next location, you need to know what can and cannot be put into the unit.
Items that you can NOT put into storage in Massachusetts include:
- Perishable Items – Food, pet food, and anything else that could potentially grown bacteria or mold, attract pests or otherwise expire and cause damage to your belongings and anything else in the storage area. Perishable items are a potential health risk, so it is important to just avoid them at all costs.
- Hazardous Materials – This should go without saying, but you might be surprised to see how many times hazardous items show up inside commercial storage in MA. Chemicals, toxic items, things with noxious fumes, items that are flammable, motor oils, gasoline, items that use or contain any of these things, propane tanks, household cleaning supplies, nail polish remover, paints and anything else that is along these lines. Speak with the warehouse storage in Pocasset if you have any questions about what is acceptable and what isn’t.
- Animals – Again, there shouldn’t have to be a rule about this, but you might be surprised at what we see at the storage in Pocasset, MA. Animals that are alive or dead are not allowed in Cape Cod residential storage. That means animals that have been “stuffed” by a taxidermist or any other type of deceased animal. Live pets should never be placed into a container storage or other type of storage unit. That is beyond cruel treatment and violators of this rule will be reported to the authorities.
- Illegal Items – This includes a wide range of things that you should never place in a storage in Pocasset, MA. Property that is stolen, illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia, ammunition, firearms and explosives – even if you are licensed to own them. Bombs, fireworks and other explosive items are named specifically on this list.
What Is Allowed in Storage
While not as colorful as the list of items that are NOT allowed in our Cape Cod residential storage, these items are things that you will usually see inside of a crate used for warehouse storage in Pocasset, as well as in our portable storage containers for residential and commercial storage in MA. Make sure that you safely pack up all of your items using the proper type of boxes, packing tape, packing materials and tissue paper to prevent things from breaking during the move and while in storage.
Items that are OK to put into storage in Massachusetts include:
- Electronics – televisions, stereos, computers, peripherals and more
- Vehicles – registered and insured cars, trucks, motorcycles and other personal vehicles are okay to place into storage as long as you have specific permission from the Cape Cod residential storage or commercial storage in Pocasset, MA
- Furniture – all kinds of furniture, from antiques to everyday items can be stored
- Appliances – make sure to clean out microwaves, refrigerators, freezers and anything else that you want to store to make sure it doesn’t get a weird smell going in the storage while it is being kept there
- Clothing and Personal Items – anything that you want to pack and move with a professional moving company can also be stored inside boxes, plastic bins and anything else that you can get to help facilitate your move
Contact Plymouth Rock Moving & Storage
If you are looking for quality warehouse storage in Pocasset, Massachusetts, consider going through Plymouth Rock Moving & Storage. We have over 25,000 square feet of warehouse storage space available for our customers, as well as access to the popular portable storage units that everyone is talking about. Give us a call at 1-800-340-0995 to ask questions about our services or to get a FREE estimate on the use of our Cape Cod residential storage and moving services.